Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Josephine


I first heard this last week at Echorich's place and have been coming back to it daily since then- a new song from Mick Head, formerly of Shack, The Pale Fountains and The Strands. Michael's new group is The Red Elastic Band and they've got an album ready to release in the autumn, his first for a decade. Mick knows his way around a tune and this one is a lilting, folk-influenced thing, with harmonies and hooks to spare. The video is made up to archive footage of Liverpool in the early-to-mid 1960s and is a treat too.




5 comments:

The Swede said...

I first heard it over at Echorich's gaff too. Very very good isn't it? I'm looking forward to the album.

drew said...

The album was down to be released earlier in the year but for some reason there has been a hold up. I've got tickets to see him in Oran Mor in October and can't wait. I had tickets for his last gig but due to work was unable to go.

C said...

First heard at Echorich's too - and playing it again here I'm really hooked! I could watch that so-evocative video over and over too.

Hazard said...

The Rubber Band could be their support act...

Brian said...

Caught it at Echorich's place too. Good to have Mick back.