Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 7 July 2017

I Think You're Moving Too Fast


A bit of a change of pace and style for Friday but this is one of the best songs of 1990s and if you disagree you're residing somewhere in the land of wrong. TLC's 1994 song Waterfalls was released as a single in the UK on the day I got married (August 5th 1995) and was a smash around the world. Lyrically it is a cautionary tale of AIDs/HIV, promiscuity, contraception and the drugs trade. Sonically it is like being covered in treacle, golden harmonies from honeyed voices, a crisp kick drum and some bass.

Waterfalls

1 comment:

C said...

Yes, I agree, very good - as is often the case it was one of those songs that, at the time, was sort of floating around the peripherals for me and so it's only now, retrospectively, that I truly appreciate it. Thanks for the reminder!