Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 20 June 2010

Go Home Productions The Smiths v Destiny's Child 'How Soon Is Independence'




I love these little internet coincidences. Earlier today I posted Can's I Want More, mentioning it's influence on Johnny Marr writing How Soon Is Now. Idly surfing a while ago I came across this, Go Home Productions mash up of The Smiths' masterpiece How Soon Is Now and Destiny's Child's Independent Woman. These two songs go together far better than you'd expect, in fact the fit is hand in glove. Ha. Incidentally get over to gohomeproductions.co.uk for a whole load of other mash up fun. Mark Vidler, GHP, has been at this for years, most famously producing The Doors v Blondie Rapture Riders and the ace Sex Pistols v Madonna Ray Of Gob (which I can't find my mp3 of, can't believe I deleted it). This one may be his best yet though, a beauty.

how soon is independence.mp3

5 comments:

Ctelblog said...

Ray of Gob? Oh look...
http://acidted.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/go-home-productions-classic-mash-up/

swiss adam said...

Woohoo. Thanks ctel.

drew said...

I am downloading this with more than a bucket load of scepticism. Can't see how this can work.

drew said...

Well, fuck me that actually does work rather well.

I find it hard to listen to Independent Women without hearing the Elbow version in my head.

Swiss Adam said...

Drew- Two of the best comments I've had here. Reminds me of the time a friend surveyed a dancefloor and said 'Who says I can't pull in a straight club...' he returned 60 seconds later with 'I can't believe he's not gay'.