Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 29 November 2010

New To Me


I do like it when I discover something new- last Friday Drew at Across The Kitchen Table posted a new Weatherall remix, one I knew nothing about. I must be slipping. I'd get over to Drew's place sharpish if I were you. It's a remix of Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Go, Go, Go !!! from Danish artist Trontemoller's album Into The Great Wide Yonder, and very good it is too. The 12" turned up on Saturday morning, with the original version, Trentemoller's own remix, Weatherall's stomping 50s inspired mix and Lulu Rouge's dubstep remix. Not having my finger on the pulse of the Scandinavian electronic scene suddenly I've got a whole new thing to go at, knowing I'll be shelling out for both his albums and other stuff besides. This track is Shades Of Marble, also from Into The Great Wide Yonder, and is a lovely piece of melancholic but pacey electronica, with great swathes of 50s tremelo guitar popping up.

shades_of_marble-cmg.mp3

1 comment:

drew said...

You need to get your hands on the Lulu Rouge album Bless You, it is brilliant. I will be doing a post on it later this week.