Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 19 December 2010

I Know You Got A Thing For Ordinary Guys


I was going to post Low's Just Like Christmas, a wonderful, spine-tingling record but Davy H at the Ghost Of Electricity blog beat me to it (and if you haven't heard it get over there and get listening), but it led me back to this. In 2007 Minnesota's best slowcore trio released the bleak but brilliant Guns And Drums album. Initial quantities came with a free 7" single, a re-modelling of that album's song Hatchet. Hatchet is a tale of making up-

'You be my Charlie
And I will be your George
Let's bury the hatchet
Like The Beatles and The Stones'

and later on...


'So you'll be my Marianne
And I'll be your Yoko
Let's bury the hatchet
Like The Beatles
The Beatles and The Stones'

The version on the 7" is sung by Mimi and features some lovely 60's style pop organ and sounds like a lost gem. Which it is.

hatchet optimimiversion.mp3

No comments: