Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 24 June 2011

Friday Night Is... Gospel Night


No rockabilly this week- I've drawn a blank in quiffed up inspiration. Instead I present a beautiful blues gospel song from 1968 from Shirley Ann Lee. Pared down, recorded in a shed production, muted guitar, some rudimentary percussion and a wonderful vocal. Recommended. While sitting on your porch sipping spirits and a mixer.


By the time this is posted I'll be in Northampton, where The MPS Society are having a family conference. We spend the weekend seeing children who look like, walk like, talk like our own I.T., talking to families who have similar issues to us, moan about disability services and cuts, listen to consultants and professionals tell us the latest, and and then get drunk and cut some rug after the Saturday night dinner.



1 comment:

dickvandyke said...

Lots of love to all SA.

('Cut some rug'? Well, I could use the remnant of a coir Axminster for my hallway should you have a little surplus).