Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 20 May 2012

That's It Ladies And Gentlemen, Blues Explosion!

So says Jon Spencer. It turns out, following finding this recently and then going digging, that I have three Jon Spencer Blues Explosion albums, which came as a bit of a surprise to me. If someone asked me what bands I liked we'd be talking for some time before I mentioned them. When they're good though, they're very, very good. And I haven't got the album I've always thought I had (Now I Got Worry)- or if I did ever have it, I haven't got it now. This song, 2 Kindsa Love, is off Now I Got Worry. This live performance from Australian TV is phenomenal for several reasons.
1. The riff.
2. Jon Spencer's performance, which removes the fourth wall. And the backdrop while he's at it.
3. It was recorded in the morning.
4. Extended use of the theremin.
5. The band are bang on the beat.
6. As a look black shirt, black trousers and white shoes works.





HSD- I think you'll like this.

2 comments:

George said...

Terrific band. Good posting.

hsd said...

Yes Yes Yes Fantastic, especially after just being subject to the fucking Voice. Love the way he pushes the cameraman out the way and rips the set apart. got a gig on saturday white shoes and Theremin might be in order (Homage not ripping off etc etc).