Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Orange Creme



I get sent quite a lot of unsolicited emails offering me music to post for your attention. A lot of them get deleted I'm afraid. Life's too short. I feel bad sometimes. It's a big internet and it's hard for unknown bands and people to get noticed. Also, it's difficult to grab someone's attention (mine) with an email- some are too quirky, some too dull, some too friendly, some just uninteresting. This one from Orange Creme caught my eye, I don't know why. The name's a but offputting admittedly but I liked the email. The blurb for the Electricity e.p. goes like this...

The first track 'Games' centers on an insistent dry & dirty disco bass line that pulses under the dance floor,
with just the right amount of cowbell to leave the listener yearning for more cowbell…

'Runways at Night' is a slice of funky technicolor house. Bright synths stabs, incessant hi-hat pattern and that purple rain Linndrum kick…


And the final track 'End Credits' is space pop filtered over a tight house bass. While a whistling moog synth line flows over the top, familiar from the British spy thrillers of the '70s.

Now I'm not sure that any music could live up to that- just the right amount of cowbell is very subjective I think, leaving the listener yearning for more even more subjective- but it's a good line and I enjoyed the track. You can judge for yourself below- it's certainly decent enough, would sound right in a bar in town. I might nod my head appreciatively. The second one is indeed 'funky technicolour house', and compares itself to Purple Rain. The third I like even more, although I can't quite place it in British spy thrillers of the 70s. But still, a good email Orange Creme- and that's half the battle.



To top it off, as the picture shows, it's available on cassette from Leisure Lovers. And the cassette inlay card features line drawings of a young woman lounging around at home in her underwear and, um, enjoying herself.


2 comments:

george said...

This goes in for 12 minutes! Wonder what Mrs Forsyth would make of it.......

Swiss Adam said...

Much the same as she'd make of Bull Moose's big 10" (record) I reckon.