Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 30 October 2014

How Much Are They?


It's turning into a kind of interactive week at Bagging Area with reader suggestions and comments leading onto the next day's posting, in a seamless blog-segue. Or something like that. Yesterday Echorich said he needed a Balearic compilation for a drive he's undertaking across the US and went looking for a Jah Wobble, Holger Czukay and The Edge 12". I' afraid I am philosophically and morally unable to post anything involving the tax avoiding, overblown Irish rock band. And this song from Full Circle in 1982 is better anyway, featuring also some girls who turned up at the studio asking 'How much are they?'



A little bit of internet digging led to this re-working/re-edit by Utopus, which is pretty smart.

6 comments:

Dubrobots said...

Funnily enough, I've been playing that quite a lot recently. That rework is indeed rather smart, good find!

Dirk said...

"I am philosophically and morally unable to post anything involving the tax avoiding, overblown Irish rock band": I ADORE you for that attidude, SA!!

Erik Bartlam said...

That video is not allowed in my country...so it says, but the sound clip was...thankfully.

mike said...

thanks man!
i remember the times when i danced to that song in the local club.

Echorich said...

I'd never be one to ask a fellow blogger to compromise their integrity, I was thinking out loud. I love the Czukay, Wobble, Liebezeit track as well. For me they are partner recordings as well.
There was a moment in time, pre War album, where U2 had ideas worth my investigating. I've always been of the belief that The Edge owes MUCH to the guitar sound of Comsat Angels, a band U2 opened for quite often in the early days. On the Wobble Czukay track he is not at all the featured performer, regardless of how much his name may have helped sell the track.

In the end I found the 12" in the Wobble section of my record collection. It has just the sound I like to include in a Balearic compilation.

Swiss Adam said...

I think your compilation needs t find its way on line Echorich.

And you're right about the Comsat Angels connection.