Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 7 June 2015

The Hour


Bradley Wiggins sets off in two hours time in an attempt to break the world record for the hour. In short, riding round and round a velodrome track as fast as possible for an hour. He thinks he might be able to break through the 55 km barrier. Good luck Wiggo.

I went out and did some circuits in Trafford Park on Thursday night in my own hour attempt and managed 25.6 km. Less than half of what Wiggins may manage. But then I haven't got a beard. Or an Olympians legs.



The lyrics of Round And Round apparently document New Order's somewhat difficult relationship with Tony Wilson at the time and the money pit that was Factory Records and the Hacienda..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He didn't quite make the 55km mark but it was a great record anyway. He also didn't have a beard, either. Amazing feat. Mind you, I reckon 25km is pretty amazing as well.

Anonymous said...

I saw the beard had gone as soon as I switched on and instantly thought of my post, out of date within 2 hours of posting. Darn.
Swiss Adam

Tom W said...

Never seen that video before, it's fantastic.