Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 30 March 2018

Bonus Freaks


                                                           Mark Rothko, Untitled, 1968

Moving on from the late 80s of the last few days to something brand new for today- a Good Friday release from FiniFlex, and what could be described as a massive late 80s industrial acid house tune with trademark FiniTribe multi-tracked vocals, thumping machine drums in all the right places. Finiflex are from Edinburgh, Davie Miller and John Vick who used to be FiniTribe. Bonus Freaks is a tribute to all the people who get out there and keep the music scene alive, going to gigs, buying new music, seeking new things. There's an album called Suilven due later this year to follow this single and the Ta Ta Oo Ah single which came out towards the end of last year, a Bagging Area end of year favourite. John Vick says that the songs are designed to be played live, to 'rattle the ribcage and remind you you're alive' which makes Bonus Freaks make perfect sense.



Buy here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your review is perfect. No need for me to do one

Walter said...

Fantastic song and one of the best ones I listened to from this genre the last weeks.

Michael Doherty said...

This sounds great, both aurally and review wise.

drew said...

great stuff. I had a Finiflex production in mind for today but opted for another EBY track instead

Anonymous said...

link not working but it's https://finiflex.bandcamp.com/ I would guess :)

Nice new track .... takes me back to glory days of groovy treat.

Adam Turner said...

I'll fix the link when I get in from the pub.
Swiss Adam

Swiss Adam said...

Fixed.

Echorich said...

Can I just say, for me, Untitled 1968 is the greatest painting of the 20th Century.