Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Bug In The Bassbin


Back from the Lake District, sun beaten and more than ready for a week off work, with a pile of records to play that I bought the weekend before (and the new Wooden Shjips album, not yet bought but certain to be purchased once I get into town later on this week).

There's been a thing on Twitter recently where people have been posting pictures of 10" record sleeves, 10 pictures in 10 days. I did it.  Some of you have been joining in. I was going through my 10" records and found my copy of Innerzone Orchestra's Bug In The Bassbin, released/reissued on Mo'Wax in 1996 but originally recorded in '92. Carl Craig put his nose ahead of the pack on Bug In The Bassbin fusing techno with jazz. Sounds like a terrible idea but isn't. It's fantastic. Bug In The Bassbin was picked up in the UK by some of the leading DJs including 4hero, Goldie, Mixmaster Morris and Giles Peterson, and when played faster than intended (at 45 rpm), played a major role in the dawn of drum 'n' bass.

Bug In The Bassbin (Sessions Version)


1 comment:

drew said...

Love this tune.