Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 1 June 2018

June


It's June, June already. How on earth did that happen? Summer has arrived in the north west of the UK recently and long may it continue. I spent most of yesterday pulling up the wooden decking from our back garden, ten years old and rotten and collapsing in places (but really well secured in others, hence every single part of me aches today. I ache in places I didn't know you could ache). We're replacing it with gravel. Gravel doesn't rot and doesn't need maintaining.

In 2008 Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve put out this track, Winter In June, a 60s psychedelic inspired adventure, a re-edit of The Mystic Astrologic Crystal Band's 1967 song Flowers Never Cry.

And yes, that is the voice of Percy Thrower.

Winter In June

2 comments:

The Swede said...

I can't thank you enough for posting 'Winter in June' SA. I had several BTWS tunes (including this one) on an old external hard-drive that went bang several years ago. I always meant to play 'Winter in June' to my Mum, who was a was an avid viewer of Percy Thrower when he presented Gardener's World in the 1970s, but unfortunately I never got around to it.

Swiss Adam said...

Glad to be of help Swede. Sorry your Mum never got to hear it.