Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Come Alive


This makes three Across The Kitchen Table inspired posts on the bounce. Back in October Drew posted Orchestra JB's single Free Spirit, a loved up 12" from Billy Brown in 1990. The follow up a year later was this one, equally loved up, opening and closing with the sound of waves breaking on the shore, that chunky drum beat, a lengthy harmonica part, and a grin-inducing house piano riff. Come Alive is peppered with vocal samples including the 'tonight let's all make love in London like it's 2001'. 2001 now seems like a very long time ago.

Come Alive (Love In London)


4 comments:

drew said...

I had this on a tape which also had Never Get Out Of The Boot, Hoomba Hoomba, kiss and make up and loads of other downtempo classics long before I ever got it on vinyl. Sought it out for months before I could get a hold of it physically, ended up getting the re-release in 1992, bought 2 copies one for a mate who didn't even have a record player but I knew needed to own this. Love this track so much

Swiss Adam said...

Sounds like the best tape Drew.

drew said...

It was brilliant SA, got me through many a cold night in my shitty freezing flat on Woodlands Road in Glasgow winter of 91/92. I may try and replicate it as a playlist although I can't remember everything on it now.

Billy Brown said...

I co wrote that and playes Harmonica on it and did backing vocals