Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 4 April 2020

Isolation Mix One


'Don't create congestion in commonly used space', a poster from the Soviet Union, 1950s.

I thought I'd do something new today and maybe make it a regular feature. Everyone and their dog is transmitting DJ sets at the moment. One thing we've all got lots of is time. So in the moments between phoning in to long video conferences, teaching online lessons, wiling away hours absentmindedly surfing the internet and social media, spending time with my family and getting my state sanctioned daily exercise allowance I've also put together the first Bagging Area mix, fifty four minutes of music called Isolation Mix 1.



It's actually Isolation Mix 1.1, the first one wasn't quite right and I removed a couple of tracks and replaced them with some other ones. It's a mix of old and new, largely ambient and instrumental, a bit of dub and dub techno in there and appearances from Rutger Hauer and a retired French footballer.

Daniel Avery and Alessandro Cortini: Illusion of Time v Eric Cantona 'As Flies To Wanton Boys...'
Four Tet: Teenage Birdsong
Durutti Column: The Second Aspect Of The Same Thing
Richard Norris: Shorelines
Sabres Of Paradise: Jacob Street 7am
A Winged Victory For The Sullen: Keep It Dark, Deutschland
Vangelis: Tears In Rain
The Orb: The Weekend It Rained Forever (Oseberg Buddha Mix (The Ravens Have Left The Tower))
Dub Trees: King Of The Faeries (Avengers Outer Space Chug Dub)
Two Lone Swordsmen: As Worldly Pleasures Waves Goodbye...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you access said mix?

Adam Turner said...

Ha. Duh. Yep, will sort it.

Swiss Adam said...

Fixed.

Anonymous said...

A big thumbs up from me. I enjoyed that immensely!

Jake Sniper said...

I shall enjoy this on my walk later today, although I have to go to the shop for Mrs Sniper's Mum. Not sure what to listen to for that experience.

Jake Sniper said...

That poster is so appropriate for my childrens habit of dropping their stuff in our commonly used spaces.

Echorich said...

Very nice! I have now found a Vangelis track that doesn't annoy me too!

Walter said...

Great job Adam. A highlight in these days. Looking forward to the next edition.