Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 20 May 2010

Monkey Mafia 'As Long As I Can See The Light' (Adrian Sherwood Dub Lighting)


Another Adrian Sherwood remix of an 90s dance act for you, following earlier posts featuring his dub remixes of Primal Scream and Death In Vegas, both a few months back. This is the dub version of As Long As I Can See The Light by Jon Carter's Monkey Mafia, who were a bit big beat, but this, and the original A-side, are chilled out loveliness. It's a cover of a Creedence Clearwater Revival song (actually the second cover of theirs I've posted, the other was by Minutemen, Have You Ever Seen The Rain?). This is spacey, dubby, features some really cool melodica, man, and does everything you'd want it to.

As Long As I Can See The Light (Adrian Sherwood Dub Lighting).mp3

1 comment:

drew said...

Absolute belter of a release and if i still smoked I would be rolling a nice fat one to accompany me while listening to this