Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 19 November 2011

Something For The Weekend Sir?


Browsing the compilations section of a certain megastore recently I found a cd entitled Vintage Sex Songs. The blurb on the back read 'Hard drivin' Papas and Mamas contribute suitably uninhibited celebrations of sex on this compilation of hedonistic songs. Usually delivered with an ironic humour they're often single rather than double entendre'. A fiver. Go on then.

Forty songs, blues, jump jive and similar, a riot of horns, double bass, bawdiness and licentiousness. This is the heroically named Bull Moose Jackson and a 1948 hit Bow Legged Woman.

'She's gotta be built like a big bass fiddle
Big bow legs and a hole in the middle
Gotta be on my way
To find a bow legged woman today'

The album also features The Swallows 'It Ain't The Meat (It's The Motion), Papa Charlie Jackson 'You Put It In, I'll Take It Out', Memphis Minnie 'Keep On Eatin'', Barrelhouse Annie 'If It Don't Fit, Don't Force It', Wynonie Harris 'I Want My Fanny Brown' (US fanny rather than UK), Bo Carter 'Banana In Your Fruit Bowl', Lucille Bogan 'Shave 'Em Dry' and, as they say, many, many more. I'll let you have the pick of the bunch. Meanwhile, here's Bull Moose and his request...

2 comments:

Dirk said...

'If It Don't Fit, Don't Force It'??!! Well, I never ... this simply CANNOT mean what I think it is supposed to mean, can it?

Swiss Adam said...

I think it does Dirk