Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 12 November 2011

Vibe Controller


Galliano, London's Acid Jazz beat poets, were I think it's fair to say an acquired taste. Over the course of an album there'd be at least one song that made you want to snap the record in two but I think they had their moments. I had the first two albums, In Pursuit Of The 13th Note and A Joyful Noise Unto The Creator (I know...), although I haven't listened to either for donkeys. And let's not forget they had Michael Snaith, officially The Vibe Controller, who patrolled the stage with a carved stick. And Mick Talbot on keyboards. Nice cardigans too. They're sounding better all the time in aren't they? I saw them at the Hacienda in the early 90s and they were very good fun live, finishing with a cover of Kris Kriss's Jump. Better than it sounds, honest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not selling this

Simon said...

I saw em live a couple of times, they were great.

bossman said...

I saw them suppoet Weller at Finsbury Park in 96, pretty good from what I remember...

ally. said...

huuuuge at their best - hilarious and wonderful and valerie ettiene had a hell of a voice
x