Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 28 May 2016

I Just Want To Be A Woman


I went to pick one of the kids up the other night and was flicking through radio stations in the car, trying to find something- anything- half decent to listen to. Just as I was about to give up I tuned in to the second half of Glory Box by Portishead. Sometimes you have to hear a song unexpectedly, out of context, to really hear it again. It sounded really, really good.



There was a period in 1994 when it seemed like the only thing anyone was listening to was Portishead. I always really liked this alternate version from the 12" single.

Toy Box

It's half term and we are in the Lake District for the next couple of days, near Ulverston (which I can't think of without singing it to the tune of Glen Campbell's Galveston). See you in a few days.

4 comments:

Walter said...

Great song indeed. Enjoy your few days off, SA

Charity Chic said...

I think the same whenever I'm in Garleston in Galloway SA

The Swede said...

Marvellous stuff. Enjoy the break.

Brian said...

Sour Times was the only song I knew back in the day, but I have really gotten into this band the last couple of years. Like this one a lot too.