Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Voodoo Time


We got back from three days of very un-Lake District camping weather last night- the sun has shone and there hasn't been a drop of rain. There's a pile of washing to do that smells of bonfire and some sunburnt skin here and there. But all is good and I have the rest of the week off.

Here's a slice of late May lushness from John Grant and Gwenno. I don't think I've heard much by John Grant and I'm well aware he's highly rated by many people but I've just not got around to trying him out. His song Voodoo Doll has been remixed by Welsh psyche/cosmische Queen Gwenno and Peski Kid and it is a delight with a lovely ascending and descending vocal line over some light bubbling psychedelia.

1 comment:

Charity Chic said...

I gave John Gran a listen but he didn't do it for me I'm afraid