Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 26 August 2018

Landscapes


Back in 2015 Lonelady released an album of skeletal funk, inspired by the dead zones around the city centre and partly recorded under the Mancunian Way (a concrete flyover that skirts the southern fringe of the city centre). I'd forgotten about it until someone played this on BBC 6 the other day and was reminded how good it sounded- viciously trebly guitar part, hissing cymbals and 1981 bass. Lonelady is Julie Campbell, singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist.

(I Can See) Landscapes

There will now follow a short break in transmission at Bagging Area. I'm away now for a few days, taking an end of August trip down south. See you at the end of the week. Be good.


1 comment:

The Swede said...

I like Lonelady a lot, but I wish she'd be a little more prolific. Two albums in 8 years isn't enough.
Have a good break.