Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 31 January 2020

Illusion Of Time


This was put up online yesterday, a new release from Daniel Avery and Alessandro Cortini. This is so far up my street, so hitting the sweet spot of where my listening habits are at the moment that when I clicked play I couldn't imagine how it could be any better, any more exactly right. A keyboard part, looped and with just enough reverb on it, altering slightly, a piano playing some bass notes, and some variation in the keyboard riff before it settles back where it began, over waves of static growing and fading in intensity. Four minutes seventeen of meditative, transporting ebb and flow.



There's an album in March also called Illusion Of Time. Alessandro Cortini was the synth player in Nine Inch Nails, not a band I've ever knowingly listened to.

3 comments:

The Swede said...

I thought of you when I heard this on 6Music.

Jake Sniper said...

Yep,it's very nice. I'm really looking forward to the album.

drew said...

Like Jake, looking forward to this.