Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 6 January 2020

The Undivided Five


Something gentle and reflective to ease us into the bluest of Mondays- not that the album it comes from doesn't have moments capable of being haunting or unsettling. This is another record from the end of last year unknown to me until I read about it in the Piccadilly Records end of year review booklet and even then I didn't get around to listening to it until last week. A Winged Victory For The Sullen are a duo from Brussels and make neo- classical, ambient music and based on what I've heard so far are very good too. Plus, among all the powerful, dark beauty of this album there is a track called Aqualung, Motherfucker.

4 comments:

drew said...

I have been meaning to check this mob out. I like that, thanks SA.

The Swede said...

Melancholic, cinematic, hauntingly gorgeous, but too short!

Swiss Adam said...

Too short for a Monday Long Song but seemed to suit the Monday vibe.

Jake Sniper said...

The album is one of my favourites from last year.