Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 2 January 2020

Don't Make Me Wait


Every year without fail I find something right at the end of the year that is clearly one of the best tracks of that year. I found this one on 30th December. Here's the latest 'should have been in my 2019 end of year list' contender...



A combination of thumping kick drum, pulsing disco sequencer line, a piano part that's straight out of 1991 and a chanted vocal line 'don't make me wait' that is pure house. This sounds like it could have been made at any point in the last thirty years and also somehow very 2019. Transporting, uplifting and with energy to spare. You can buy it from Bandcamp here.  The man who is Llewellyn is Martin Enke from Leipzig (who also makes music as Lake People, Amrint Keen and Trickform) .

2 comments:

Echorich said...

1991 for sure! Tune!!

The Swede said...

If you'd played this to me cold I would've struggled to put a year on it. Uplifting is the word. As Echorich said - tune!