Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 9 May 2020

Isolation Mix Six


I got this dramatic shot of the sky over the Mersey on Thursday night. One habit I hope I manage to maintain once this is all over, whenever that is, is taking regular walks. You miss so much sitting inside and even the most familiar and mundane places can look different when caught at a particular time. This week's Isolation Mix is a dubwise and post punk excursion from The Clash, some dubbed out Joy Division covers, Bauhaus, The Slits, Killing Joke remixed by Thrash, a bunch of Andrew Weatherall dub versions and some On U Sound from Dub Syndicate.



The Clash: The Crooked Beat
Steve Mason: Boys Outside (Andrew Weatherall Dub 2)
Jah Division: Dub Will Tear Us Apart
Jah Division: Dub Disorder
Bauhaus: Bela Lugosi’s Dead
The Slits: I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Dub Syndicate: Ravi Shankar Part.1
Sabres Of Paradise: Ysaebud
New Order: Regret (Sabres Slow ‘n’ Lo)
Lark: Can I Colour In Your Hair (Andrew Weatherall Version)
Killing Joke: Requiem (A Floating Leaf Always Reaches The Sea Dub Mix)

5 comments:

smokebelch said...

Great mix Adam!
Long time reader, but I don't think I've commented before... just wondering if you caught the Woodleigh Research Facility album on Bandcamp this last week??
I can't link to it there as it's now gone, was only up for a week... and I only found out about it this morning! DOH!!!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Woodleigh-Research-Facility-Torschlusspanik/release/15242947

Cheers,
Mark.

Nick L said...

Judiciously put together mix SA, really enjoyed it sitting in the sun this afternoon but I suspect it'll sound even better at dusk later...

Adam Turner said...

Hi Mark. Nina said on Facebook she was going to take the WRF down after a week. Theres a plan to give it a vinyl release when time allows I think.

Echorich said...

Wow!! And thank you SA!!

Walter said...

What a great mix. This makes a great start into a rainy Sunday morning. Thank you Adam.