Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 20 March 2010

Frankie Valli 'The Night' (Pilooski Re-Edit)


This should warm us up nicely for Saturday night, Pilooski's re-edit of Frankie Valli's Northern Soul-esque The Night. Great bassline, uptempo, great vocals, double edged lyrics. Sometimes great dance music is happy/sad rather than out-and-out euphoric, and this song manages that, nailing the lightness and darkside of going out on the town. Nicely touched up by our French friend Pilooski.

The Night (Pilooski Re-Edit).mp3

6 comments:

drew said...

I'm a bit worried about this SA, as The Night is one of my fave Northern Soul tracks and I can't see how the french wizard can make it any better, however I said the same about Nobody But Me, before I bought the 12".

Where did this come from? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

drew said...

Sorry SA, he's lost the essence of the track. That breakdown at 2:30 ish is uncalled for.

Sorry to say that this has lived up to my fears.

As I've said before, How many northern fans does it take to change a lightbulb.

One and then 300 odd to spit venomously that it's not as good as the original.

Swiss Adam said...

I can't remember where it came from- internet somewhere. I like it. Apologies if it's spoilt your night.

Swiss Adam said...

It came from discodelicious.com

drew said...

Didn't spoil my night, nothing can do that when Airdrie win, it was just disappointing.

Swiss Adam said...

Glad Airdrie won for you, now hoping we can beat the scousers tomorrow