Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Warpaint 'Elephants'


Warpaint are my new favourite band as of today, or my favourite new band. I read a reference to them somewhere over the weekend, can't remember where, and had a look on Youtube. Three girls from Los Angeles who play beautiful, fluid guitar music, lots of post-punk influences, with not a little melodrama. As far as I can tell they've released one e.p., and have their debut out on Rough Trade in the Autumn. The video for this one, Elephants, is on Youtube, and is top stuff- if three dark-haired indie girls playing guitars, dancing under dramatic lighting, with a wind machine, in slow motion appeals to you at all.

02 Elephants.mp3

4 comments:

ANCB said...

I'm away to youtube...

drew said...

That's a bit moody, I like it. I'm really into Sleigh Bells at the moment.

Anonymous said...

You can find their demos out there somewhere as well. Worth checking out, very good for a 128.

It's only just occured to me, I have 3 boxes of vinyl in the attic, mostly 80's alternative / goth stuff, some of which I've never seen ripped and posted anywhere. And I'm in Sale Moor. Let me know if you're interested in taking a look.

Batfish

swiss adam said...

Sounds interesting Batfish. I'm going away middle of next week. Will get in touch maybe after that