Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 3 November 2018

Sister Dubbed


I was making a cd of remixes from this calendar year by Andrew Weatherall to listen to in the car and scrolled back through my posts from this year tagged Andrew Weatherall to check I hadn't missed any. There are plenty of memorable ones, remixes of Field Of Dream, Marius Circus, Craig Bratley, the roof raising one of Confidence Man, two super smart versions of a Noel Gallagher song, the recent jerky, punk funk audiobooks one and the weird dubbed out Eyes Of Others one. But I found that I'd forgotten that at the start of the year he provided two remixes of Sister, a standout song from Tracey Thorn's album Record that featured the talents of Tracey, Corinne Bailey Rae and Stella and Jenny Lee from Warpaint. The dub mix posted here is very chilled, spacey and right up my alley.

Sister (Andrew Weatherall Dub)


5 comments:

acidted said...

hadn't heard this one before, so thanks

keepingitpeel said...

Neither have I, new to me as well.
I'll make a note of this name and remember it.

Echorich said...

The original is absolutely one of the tracks of 2018 and Weatherall takes it places you really want it to go! There's something very 80s about the Weatherall Dub.

Brian said...

Record will be on my year-end list. Book it.

JC said...

One of my LPs and singles of the year....was surprised that a couple of well-informed people hadn't heard it till you aired it.