Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 12 November 2018

Monday's Long Song


I slept on Fontan's album last year for some reason, not really appreciating its charms. I reached for it recently and then played it several days non-stop while driving to and from work. I'm the one at fault here, I should have realised what a beautiful and inventive record it is this time last year but, y'know,  better late then never. Fontan are from Sweden and put their records out on the excellent Hoga Nord label. Their self-titled third album opened with this track, Mangsebung, an atmospheric, gently psychedelic trip into space and back. And at over eight minutes long it more than qualifies for this series.

Mangsebung

1 comment:

The Swede said...

Funnily enough I picked up this very album just a couple of months ago, but have yet to give it any time at all. Thanks for the reminder SA, 'Mangsebung' is a beaut.