Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 1 November 2018

Feels Like Falling


The first days after the clocks go back always remind me how much I loathe travelling home from work in the dark- and this is just the start of it, there's another six months to go. Grim. So I'll take some snatches and glimpses of light where I can find it. I wrote recently about the new single from Circle Sky (a Richard Norris project), a beautiful low key ambient techno song I eloquently described as 'rather fucking gorgeous'.

The 12" is out imminently with two remixes, one from Ulrich Schnauss who strips it back and finds some little repeating melodies which he sets off against some washes of sound. Eventually a lazy drumbeat joins in. Half way through the vocal comes in, smothered in echo, and everything speeds up a little. Then it slows down and fades. Lovely.



The 12" also has this more insistent remix from Michael Mayer, a more austere techno reworking but the softness of the original track remains.

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Richard Norris' single version of If I Let Go has been spinning here for a bit of time now. It takes me back to the late 90s/early 00s when dance music genre lines were much more blurred. The remixes take an already gorgeous track to new and different heights! The Michael Mayer remix really gets inside you.