Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Psyched

I've posted a few odds and ends by Psychemagik previously though nothing since 2017. Back then I posted this track, Triumph Of The Gods, a piece of music first released in 2017, that is epic in scale, starting with piano, then drums and sweeping strings, and which has the feel of a major 1960s film soundtrack with undertones of  David Axelrod. 

Triumph Of The Gods

In late 2021 there was a 12" release with two remixes of Triumph Of The Gods, one by Richard Norris and one by Prins Thomas- a 12" I found recently while going through my records and had forgotten I owned. Given everything that was going on then, there are probably quite a few things from late 2021 that I missed. Both remixes are very good and neither seem to be on the internet so you'll have to take my word for it for the time being. 

A year ago Heavenly released volumes 5 and 6 of their remixes compilation series. On Volume 5 was the Psychemagik dub remix of Mildlife's Automatic, another huge sounding piece of music that is cinematic in scope and full of spine tingling and hair raising moments. 




2 comments:

C said...

Triumph of the Gods is stunning - first heard before thanks to you - and I'm loving this remix of Automatic too. So cinematic, as you say - really should be a film soundtrack (I have half the scenes going round in my mind already!)

Swiss Adam said...

I went back to my previous Psychemagik post and noticed you commented about Triumph of the Gods last time C. Glad you're still enjoying it/ them