Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 9 October 2017

The Cataclysmic Impact Of Their Clash


'It is as I have feared' says Dr Strange, 'the cataclysmic impact of their clash threatens to destroy them both!' This frame comes form the Strange Tales comic. Eternity, created by Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko, is a sentient force, a cosmic and abstract entity, immortal and unaffected by the passage of time and can warp space and time. Steve Ditko's art goes even further than that.

Michael Rother's 1977 album Flammende Herzen was his solo debut, recorded after his time in Neu! and Cluster. It is only 5 tracks long but every second and note is perfect. Rother plays guitar, synths, keys, bass and percussion. Jaki Liebezeit drums and Conny Plank produces. Harmonic, cosmic, unaffected by the passage of time.

Karussell

6 comments:

The Swede said...

I'm way out of my depths as regards comics, but I'm enjoying these individual frames. Good to hear a solo Michael Rother tune too.

George said...

Listening to this, do you think Bowie knew of it? To me it wouldn't be out of place on Low.

Michael Doherty said...

That sound was a big influence on Bowie's sound Berlin period. Loving the psychedelic Marvel frames. Some of the best art in Marvel. Are you going to use it as it as an excuse to play some Julian Cope and the lads?

Swiss Adam said...

It crossed my mind. I think I've done it before Michael- the Teardrop Explodes frame. Lets see how the week pans out.

Brian said...

I'll second Michael's sentiments. Loving the art, Adam.

londonlee said...

Gotta have some Jim Steranko if you want trippy
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2015/11/Fury-Dali.jpg