Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 25 October 2017

You Look Certain (I'm Not So Sure)


Back at the start of the year Kelly Lee Owens released an album of woozy, slightly off kilter dance music songs. It was stuck to my turntable for a while and will be dug out again before the end of the year. Kelly has reworked a new song by Mount Kimbie, a dance music duo who started in dubstep and moved elsewhere- ambient electronica, future garage. The result is right up my street, a repetitive echoey sound to open and a single kick drum, and then several minutes of build, layers of sound on top of each. When the bass hits at two minutes everything gets spaced out a bit. The echoey, keening sound comes back with some pow-pows. By the time the vocal comes in at four minutes you're well away, transported elsewhere. Blissful stuff.

4 comments:

The Swede said...

Yep, I like this one a lot.

Michael Doherty said...

Just put her album back on in the car player on Monday and Tuesday, as good as this year has produced. I look forward to hearing this!

gullybully said...

I've tried to find this with no success. However that's not really what i wanted to say. I'm really enjoying all the recent posts whilst dutifully waiting in for a washing machine to be delivered. You've eased the pain. So much great stuff .Thanks for all of this.

Swiss Adam said...

Thank you Gullybully- glad to ease the waiting for white goods pain. I don't know why this track got removed only 2 days after being put up- I can't find it anywhere either.