Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Hemidemisemiquaver


Steve Cobby's new album, Hemidemisemiquaver, came out last Friday. I've been living with it for a few days (while also waiting for pay day so I can order the double vinyl) and can report that it is excellent. From the liquid funkiness of opener Jenkem to the inventive electro of The Canyons Of Lower Manhattan, the dub stylings of Babylon On The Hudson to the downtempo Balearic drift of Fixing The Shadows, it never disappoints and frequently delights, showcasing Steve's love of sound and attention to detail, the little twists and turns he puts in, the joy and the adventure. Double vinyl, cd or digital, you can/should buy it here.

1 comment:

Walter said...

I followed your link to a superb album and I totally agree to your words. Seems I have to get a copy soon.