Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 3 January 2024

Freetones

Richard Norris has been producing long form ambient/ deep listening tracks since 2019, a series titled Music For Healing. Released on the 1st of each month, they provide an aural balm, soothing, meditative music that provides some respite from the din of everyday life (also works for tinnitus if you happen to suffer from that). For 2024 Richard has titled the pieces Freetones with January's being released three days ago, a pair of twenty minute ambient tracks Freetones January and Freetones January 2. Listen and subscribe here

Last year (and I missed this from my ever expanding and incomplete '23 list) Richard compiled twenty tracks from his 2019- 2022 back catalogue into a four sides of vinyl/ digital compilation, Deep Listening, a selection of the twenty minute pieces edited down into shorter tracks. This one is Cornflower, not much more than a series of notes rising and falling but also so much more than that. 

This one is June, piano, rain, drones and minimal beauty. Deep Listening 2019- 2022 is still available to buy physically here. In many ways it should also be available via prescription on the NHS.

5 comments:

Martin said...

"Deep listening", I like that.

John Medd said...

I'm listening to Cornflower as I type this. I can't tell you how good this is - I can see this whole album being my 'happy place'. (Note to self - don't even think about potting this on in the car.)

Swiss Adam said...

Deeep listneing is a very good label Martin.

John- so much for you to discover. The Deep Listening comp is a good place to start. I find it amazingly helpful as music, helps me deal with all sorts of stuff.

John Medd said...

putting.

John Medd said...

I get that totally, Adam.