Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 18 January 2010

Del Shannon 'Gemini'


I only discovered this in the last year or so, after getting into some of those Pilooski Dirty Edit re-edits. This is a real treat- off Del Shannon's late 60s baroque- psyche 'lost masterpiece' (everyone in the 60s has got one of those havn't they?) The Further Adventures Of Charles Westover. Ended up buying a re-issue of the album on cd, and it's good-ish, but this is clearly the standout. The Pilooski edit's good too, and out there somewhere in internet land, but this is better. He did a similar job on The Human Beinz 'Nobody But Me', equally great source track and re-edit. Brilliant song, great instrumentation, great vocals. Enjoy it.

07 Gemini.wma

4 comments:

Plough Your Own Furrow said...

You should hear his Marie is the name of my latest flame .. recorded before that much bigger rock god - Elvis

Stuart (Charles put me onto you blogosphere) ... trust you're well

swiss adam said...

Blimey- Stuart! How you doing?

Plough Your Own Furrow said...

I'm doing good ... will post a link to your blog from my Facebook

Plough Your Own Furrow said...

Going back to Del ... crack double CD compilation and has this brilliant version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7WXuCVyuU

I love your story based approach to talking about music .. wish I could be so diligent at posting ... I started to try it but died a death without even trying