Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Edwyn Collins 'Don't Shilly Shally' (Spotter's 86 Demo Version)


Edwyn Collins has been widely written about on various blogs, not least over at The Vinyl Villain, and I'm not sure I can add too much. Edwyn's partner Grace Maxwell wrote an excellent book, published last year, about Edwyn's stroke and subsequent recovery. It's well worth some of your time and money. When my son suffered a stroke (side effect of meningitis, and various other problems and complications he has, due to a very rare genetic disease) both Edwyn and Grace responded to me through myspace, which was very touching, and shows the decent folk they are. I saw Edwyn last year when he played Manchester, with Roddy Frame on fire on lead guitar. It was the most heart-warming and moving gigs I've been to. One of the musical highlights, alongside Blue Boy, was this- the encore of Don't Shilly Shally. You surely don't need me to tell you how good it is. This is the Spotters 86 Demo version, from the A Girl Like You single. Sometimes I think I prefer this to the proper single release. Anyway, enough from me, get downloading, don't shilly shally...

03 Don't Shilly Shally [Spotter's 86 Demo Version][Demo Version].wma

No comments: