Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 16 January 2010

Stereolab 'Les Yper Yper Sound'


Stereolab- I'm no expert. Liked what I heard but never got into it in a buy-loads-of-records way. There was a 3 cd box-set called Oscillons From An Anti-Sun I bought and this was on it. I think it's a remix of a single Les Yper Sound. This is something else. 5 minutes of krautrocking rhythm and lounge-techno noises and buzzes. I've been rediscovering Saint Etienne recently,through the re-released and expanded Foxbase Alpha and So Tough albums, and in the liner notes Bob Stanley said they offered Stereolab a split single at some point in the 90s. Stereolab turned it down because they were worried it would chart. That's either admirable or stupid but either way I like it.

03 Les Yper Yper Sound.wma

No comments: