Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Russian Roulette


The Liminanas have made one of my favourite records of 2018, the album Shadow People which came out back in January. The French duo have such a good sound, using 60s folk-psyche as a starting point and from there adding in some groove, general Gallic cool and contributions from like-minded souls (Anton Newcombe and Peter Hook for two). And lots of reverb. This new song is on a new compilation album of rarities and oddments out in November, a cover of a song by The Lords Of The New Church. Magnifique.

5 comments:

The Swede said...

I haven't played 'Shadow People' nearly as much as I should have this year - it's bloody great. And now another album? Ouch.

C said...

Wow, love this. Love the artistic video too. Also the photo. Everything. Thanks SA.

Swiss Adam said...

I took the photo in the northern quarter the other day, quite a few derelict buildings there which will shortly disappear and be turned into flats/artisan marmalade shops/craft beer microbreweries.

The Swede said...

Artisan marmalade shops. I just laughed out loud at that in the staff room at work and got some funny looks.

drew said...

Like the Swede, I haven't given this album the attention it deserves. Every time I'm in the mood for a bit of them I tend to stick on Malamore automatically