Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 11 October 2018

Overrated


This piece of slow motion shoegaze comes from Malmo, Sweden, has been remixed by Robin Guthrie, is out on Sonic Cathedral in November and is four minutes of sugar-coated, off kilter bliss. It comes in like Lush and makes a stately procession through Cocteau's land, lost in a haze of FX pedals and echo-drenched vocals. I can chuck some more cliches in there for you if you'd like but it might be better if you just listen to it and then go to buy it at Bandcamp (only digitally I'm afraid, the 7" is sold out). There's an album from June this year called Pink Noise which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet but on the basis of this song I will be soon enough.

3 comments:

The Swede said...

Exactly as I imagined it would sound from your description. Recaptures the era uncannily.

Swiss Adam said...

The opening song on the album has a really good, clunky JAMC style drum machine. Enjoying it already.

Rol said...

Undecided on the tune, but that's the best new band name I've heard in ages.