Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 13 October 2018

Never Let Me Down Again


This is a rather tasty update of a 1987 Depeche Mode song from Rhythm Scholar, a song that saw the Basildon band enter the top ten all over Europe and move into the world of full on, all the medals, stadium groups. Rhythm Scholar keeps Dave Gahan's vocal , a bunch of drug references essentially, and some of the menace of the original and adds layers of sound, stretching it out, euphorically.

I wasn't much of a fan of Depeche Mode as a youngster. Their 80s electro-pop records sound much better to me now, now I've got some distance (maybe that's me not them). I found their 90s stadium rock stuff pretty uninteresting too but even that has some appeal to me now. 

3 comments:

drew said...

Never got into Depeche Mode at all.

Michael Doherty said...

I'm a big Depeche Mode and can't say I like this very much. Sorry!

Swiss Adam said...

You can please some of the people... etc