Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 19 October 2023

Spirit Dance

Jay- Son's track Spirit Dance came out on Leeds label Paisley Dark a month ago. It's a bit of a thumper, a six minute jolt of twisting, psychedelic acid/ techno, with a bassline that rises and falls, crisp drums, jagged synth stabs and voices in the distance, slightly distorted and out of earshot, coming into focus occasionally to talk about spirits and shamanism. All quite tense and intense.  

The EP comes with four remixes, one each from Hogt I Tak, Hunterbrau, Keith Forrester and The Machine Soul, each one progressively more wigged out than the previous- taken together quite the trip. The EP is at Bandcamp





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Adam. I enjoyed working on this one with my mate Dan. We're from Sale and Stretford. It's a really cool release.

Swiss Adam said...

That's a coincidence- I live in Sale too

Anonymous said...

Yeah spotted your location under your name. I've also just figured out where I heard 'bagging area' from and I think it's that mint tour of sub stations you did (is that you?)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, yes same person. That was a thing that gathered a life of its own
Adam

Swiss Adam said...

Those 2 streams, substations and this place, haven't crossed very often

Anonymous said...

Tempted to create a soundtrack for each of em 😂 I loved that series. Keith, who did a remix on that EP, is from Urmston too btw

Anonymous said...

Great EP, really pleased to be asked to do a remix. Oh and I’m from Urmston so not far either!😁
Thanks, Keith.