Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 8 January 2010

LCD Soundsystem v John Cale


LCD Soundsystem are great- yeah they're arch, knowing, record-collectors that make music that sounds like The Fall in a disco, and they're all the better for it. There's something about Losing My Edge, a song narrated by an aging hipster who's losing his edge that surely speaks to all of us. Sound Of Silver topped loads of polls at the end of 2008, and had some great songs on it- North American Scum, Someone Great, All My Friends. When they released All My Friends as a single/digital bundle, as well as some remixes they got other bands to cover the song and released them as well. Cracking idea. Franz Ferdinand covered All My Friends, as did John Cale, which is what I'm giving you here. John Cale v LCD Soundsystem. Still looking good, John Cale, unlike his old mate Lou Reed...

All_my_friends v John Cale.mp3

No comments: