Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 27 May 2010

Echolocation 'Another Thing'


Over the last few years I've spent many weekends in Leicester, visiting Mrs Swiss's sister, her husband and their daughter. It turns out Leicester has a decent live music scene, with several good venues (although indie circuit legend The Charlotte has shut now I believe), and we've seen plenty of good bands. Black Carrot from Market Harborough for one, and this lot Echolocation for another. They've just released a new album (their second I think) which turned up in the post yesterday (oooh, freebie, hark at me). I've met them a couple of times before or after gigs, and they seem like a nice bunch of chaps. Even the bassist.

Plenty of instruments on show here, guitars, keys, horns, cello, they seem to have added another member each time I've seen them. This song Another Thing is pretty up-front and direct, featuring a killer guitar riff, a little attitude and frontman Pete's Mark E. Smith-esque delivery. See what you think.

another thing.wma

No comments: