Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 25 October 2021

Fifty

Today is my wife's 50th birthday and obviously that's the kind of milestone you can't miss. We will be having a slightly scaled down Covid friendly birthday (due to Isaac's ongoing immune system and vulnerability issues) but there are a week of activities ahead and today we will do presents, cake, balloons, a night away and everybody loves you. Happy birthday. 

Back when we first met in 1994 we spent a lot of time clubbing. Big Time Sensuality by Bjork was one of our tunes, a heady, euphoric ode to the weekend, to dancing, to joy and being alive- 'I don't know my future after this weekend/ And I don't want to!' The video, filmed on the back of a flatbed truck in New York is so of the time too and what Bjork's clothes always remind me of Lou then. 

Of all the mixes and versions available I think this is the killer, Fluke absolutely getting everything exactly right. 

Big Time Sensuality (The Fluke Minimix)



12 comments:

drew said...

Happy birthday Lou. Make sure he suitably spoils you.

C said...

A very happy birthday to your lovely wife! (love the gif)
Have a great time.

The Swede said...

Many happy returns of the day Lou. I hope you all enjoy what sounds like a fabulous week of celebrations.

Martin said...

Many happy returns. A great video, and a great GIF too!

Jake Sniper said...

Many happy returns 🥳 have a wonderful day.

John Medd said...

MHROTD! J

Rol said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. SA!

Brian said...

Eye of the beholder and all that, but I wouldn’t mind being 50 right now. Have a great birthday!

Walter said...

Many happy returns to Lou. I hope you can celebrate this very special day and enjoy the times.

Khayem said...

Very happy birthday wishes for Lou, I hope today was a great one. Love the header: truly the GIF that keeps giving ;-)

And of course a truly excellent musical selection.

Echorich said...

Happy. Birthday Week to Lou! I hope it’s full of love and laughter.

londonlee said...

Happy birthday Lou!