Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 20 March 2011

Screamadelica Live Tonight


I'm off to the Apollo tonight to see Primal Scream run through Screamadelica. For someone sometimes described as 'miserable' and 'cynical' I'm pretty excited about this, especially seeing as the reviews have been good, the Apollo's a great venue, I've seen them several times before and they've always been a good night out, and I enjoyed watching the documentary from the boxset online the other night (despite it being a tad shoddy). Just a shame it's Sunday night. Ah well. This is I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have, the ballad that became the starting point for Screamadelica, twenty one years ago.
Looking at the picture, you can see why Bobby Gillespie doesn't smile in pictures too often.

05 I\'m Losing More Than I\'ll Ever Have.wma

2 comments:

Artog said...

My favourite of their songs - where they actually live up to their own hype.

drew said...

Hope you have a great time, SA. I can vaguely remember the night in the Barrowland twenty years ago when I first heard Loaded and Moving On Up live for the first time it was a moving experience.

Still not sure about the boxset but the remastered album is worth it, the sound is so much crisper and clearer.