Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 12 July 2018

Italia


Well, there you go, a game too far maybe for a young and inexperienced side but there is no shame at all in being beaten 2-1 in the semi-final of the World Cup by Croatia. Well done to Gareth Southgate and the whole squad. I'm sorry to all my Scottish friends who've probably got fed up with it but you're just going to have to live with it this little piece of English football pride we've enjoyed over the last few weeks and you'd have done the same if it had been you.

As this publishes I shall be on a plane to Italy, on a school trip taking in a couple of days in Rome and then a bus ride south to the Bay of Naples for a couple of days, to Sorento visitng Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius. There won't be any blogging going on while I'm away. The weather forecast looks even hotter and sunnier there than it has been here for the last month. I've never been before and am massively looking forward to seeing the historical sites and sights of ancient Rome and Italia in all its glory. See you all next week.

To make Thursday start off with a beautifully relaxed start here is some blissed out, sunkissed Italian house from Q-Base in 1991. If you hear anything more chilled out than this today, please let me know.

Il Sole (The Sun) Deep Mix

6 comments:

Luca said...

Sorry for England's loss. I haven't seen much of the game (I'm getting less and less interested in football these days) but I had the impression that Croatia had more fuel in the tank as the match went on.
Have a nice trip. By the way, that yellow thing in the sky that will be scorching you is "il sole" (I know, Italian is a bitch of a language..).
Waiting to read about your grand tour!

The Swede said...

Have a great trip SA. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Anonymous said...

It’s not the team or the supporters that get our goat but the commentators, pundits and the media. The team did well, played with integrity unlike others in the tournament and as a unit, no premadonna’s. There is no animosity towards this team not like in the days of Shilton, Linekar or Butcher for us Scots. I fear for the expectations on these young lads, they will be expected to cruise through the next European Championships and if they don’t the backlash will be terrible. I’ve never been a fan of Roy Keene but he was on the nose in his takedown of Ian Wright and the others last night, regarding their expectations once England were out of the group stages.

Walter said...

Enjoy your trip to Italy, Adam. I am sure you'll be impressed of all the historic places there.

Brian said...

That beats a textbook for sure. Have a good trip.

naguiar2003 said...

Have a safe and beautiful trip to Italia. I've been there and I love this country and its people and food. Enjoy it for me!