Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 23 September 2018

Never Saw It Coming


Sean Johnston was playing this last night at the Convenanza festival in Carcasonne and it is a beauty, a full on trippy modern house record, with the double threat of the powerful New York vocals of Amy Douglas and two superbly Balearic remixes, woozy, mechanical funk, from Crooked Man (Crooked Man is Richard Barratt, DJ and producer from Sheffield, city of bleep. The original mix was done in New York by Tim Wagner, co-writer). The sort of record that sounds like the dark corners of nightclubs, smells of dry ice and feels like a shot of something strong coursing through your veins.

9 comments:

Walter said...

High class stuff Adam - one of the best I heard the recent days. Thank you for introducin.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for covering this! (Amy Douglas here). Correction however. Two of the remixes are from Crooked Man. The Original Version (side two) was produced by Tim Wagner right on here in NYC, and we done wrote it together!

I am thrilled this is going over so well though and that everyone is grooving on it! Thank you!

Swiss Adam said...

Hi Amy- thanks for dropping in. I'll update the info Amy.

Unknown said...

Thank YOU!!! I am so grateful this is going over in everyone's ears so well! I couldn't ask for more and in such amazing company! More. Is. Coming. I promise. Especially with the great Crooked Man. I love him so much.

drew said...

Love this, thanks SA.

Was not aware that you had gone to Carcasonne

Adam Turner said...

I havent. Followed it on Facebook via various friends.

drew said...

I was envious there for a while.

Adam Turner said...

The clips people have been posting are amazing. It looks fantastic and filled with like minded would.

Echorich said...

This is timeless, wonderfully Funky House Music. Amy's vocal's are so strong! First time I heard her was on Lazaro Casanova's Miami Vice EP.