Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 26 October 2019

Blind Faith


I've posted this before, Sensurround's 1992 progressive house single Blind Faith, a record made by a group containing John Robb (then stepping outside the punkier environs of The Mekons). The 12" had a 7" mix and this one by Dean Thatcher, a dreamy, chunky, chuggy piece of early 90s progressive house.

Blind Faith (Aloof Mix)

When John Robb, Andy Piper and Patrick Simons originally recorded Blind Faith they constructed it around some rather well known samples- the rain and piano from Riders On the Storm, the mellotron from Strawberry Fields Forever, a blast of feedback from the intro to I Fee Fine- and for obvious reasons the samples were removed from the finished released record. But thankfully someone has uploaded the original version to Youtube so we can enjoy it in all its unofficial, 60s pilfering glory.

2 comments:

George said...

I feel somewhat misled, I was expecting a track by the Clapton supergroup. I know you're a big fan.

Adam Turner said...

Sorry George. I did briefly consider a follow up with Electronic's cover of that song but didn't get any further than that.