Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Ulysses


To  follow on from yesterday's post, at least Pixies got two albums and the opening mini-album out of me. I bailed out of Franz Ferdinand after the first. The follow up single Do You Want To was met by a resounding no from me. Their debut was a blast, good fun with some cracking songs but I didn't need any more. Since then they have been remixed well more than once. In this version of Ulysses Richard Norris and Erol Alkan reanimate the song into a lengthy, tripped out dance-floor belter.

Ulysses  (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Re-Animation)

10 comments:

drew said...

I didn't even take to the first album. Like the photie.

drew said...

btw - Ulysses, tried three times, decided life's too short.

JC said...

First album was excellent. Since then, all a bit hit'n'miss although they have always been a great act to catch in the live setting. The FFS thing with Sparks lasy year was an unexpected highlight.

Echorich said...

Have to agree, FF lost its way after the debut album, but as JC mentions FFS was quite a good set of songs.

Anonymous said...

This is my last post here for a little while. My PC has developed a fault and had to go away to be fixed. Wasn't able to set up a post about it and don't seem to be able to log in via my phone. Feel a bit bereft without it.
Swiss Adam

Anonymous said...

Oh no.

Dirk said...

Shit! Hope it'll be fixed soon without costing all too much!

Best wishes!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dirk. It's under warranty so should be cost free. Just feels strange not having it and not being able to post the usual self indulgent nonsense I do here.
Swiss Adam

Brian said...

Just went through the same thing myself. We miss you. Hope your PC gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

What they all said. Come back soon.
Swc.